Update: Hi there it’s Shaimaa and as you might have read in this post that I was trying very hard to get someone in the Pakistani interior ministry to come on the program and answer your questions about what happened in Lahore. Well, I spent most of yesterday and this morning trying to get Mr. Rehman Malik ,the Pakistani interior minister, to come on World Have Your Say today but his secretary Mr.Abdelmajid told me this morning he’ll be unavailable. I’m still trying to get someone to take your questions tonight and will be updating you once I get something.We know that you have many many questions, theories and suspicions about what happened in Lahore on Tuesday. The only way we can get you proper replies to your questions is by inviting a high-ranking Pakistani official onto the show. Without him or her, we’re not going to be able to get beyond speculation. Shaimaa’s doing her best on this – it may happen today, it may take a little longer. These are some of the questions you’re asking, and you’re welcome to add more…
– why were the attackers able to escape the scene so easily?
– why did they appear not to be coming under any fire while they carried out the attack?
– why did the Pakistani team bus leave late and so not travel in the same convoy as the Sri Lankan team? The two days before they had travelled together?
– why was the same route taken for the three consecutive days, when alternative routes were supposed to be taken?
– why weren’t here more policemen around the two coaches?
– If Pakistani officials are making accusations against India, do they have proof that is where the attackers came from?
This is cricket official Chris Broad who was caught up in the attack. Here he asks some of these questions:
Of course there may be perfectly acceptable answers to all of these, but only someone who’s privy to a lot of information can give them so we’ll wait to see if a high-ranking Pakistani official will join us. When it happens, we’ll put it straight on air.